Costa Rica’s foremost destination and most luxurious resort and Marina in all of Central America. The resort and Marina is an 1,100 acre resort, containing 600 acres of lush rainforest reserve; a 201 room five star Marriott hotel containing restaurants, casino, meeting rooms and spa; over 500 luxury residences, a full service internationally acclaimed 250 slip marina; a marina village with over 40,000 sq. ft. of retail space that includes restaurants, bars, internet café, boutiques, banking and other services; an exclusive Beach Club that features an impressive free form pool and Jacuzzi, swim up bar and an elevated white sand beach; an 18-hole championship eco- golf-course, and much more. Los Sueños is minutes from the popular beach town of Jaco known for its world class surfing, and is within driving distance to all the adventure and activities.
There are 5 restaurants within the resort offering exquisite quality and varied tastes. The restaurants are walking distance from Marbella and include:
- El Galeon Restaurant and Martini Bar – El Galeon has established a new standard for fine dining in Costa Rica. Our team of international chefs consistently strives to create unique dishes by fusing international flavours with a distinct Latin American flair, incorporating only the freshest local ingredients. Our well-stocked bar boasts an extensive selection of premium liquors, featuring the country’s largest collection of imported vodkas and carefully selected wines from France, Italy, Spain, Australia, Chile and California.
- Lanterna Ristorante Italiano – Bringing the aromas, the charm and the flavors of Italy to Los Sueños, Lanterna Ristorante Italiano offers traditional Italian cuisine against the backdrop of the Los Sueños Marina. Whether you are in the mood for savory lasagna or old-world spaghetti, Lanterna’s cuisine will indulge your strongest cravings.
- Bambú Sushi and Asian Cuisine – Travel to Asia without ever leaving Los Sueños. With its contemporary bamboo-inspired interior and waterfront location, Bambú diners will feel as though they have suddenly arrived in the Far East. Sample delicacies from all over the Asian continent; these exotic and tasty dishes will leave you with flavors to remember.
- The Hook Up Bar and Restaurant – The Hook Up boasts one of the country’s premier locations, offering patrons a 270-degree panoramic view of the marina, Herradura Bay and the surrounding mountains. The Hook Up is a laid-back environment where you can enjoy a mix of classic rock and Latin pop tunes played over out state-of-the-art stereo system. Major sporting events are displayed on seven televisions located throughout the restaurant, with the most important matches projected into the large screen over the bar. Our menu features traditional American pub food such as gourmet sandwiches, burgers, tortilla wraps and pizzas, as well as hearty homestyle breakfasts. Daily specials are more international in flair, and popular theme nights keep Los Sueños residents, boaters and visitors coming back for more.
- The Terrace Lounge – Situated upstairs from Lanterna is The Terrace Lounge, where you will feel the romance of the European-style ambiance and design. Overlooking the Village, patrons can relax and enjoy a nightcap – or two- while listening to the comforting sound of jazz or the tropical beat of local entertainers.
- Arrecife Pool Bar & Grill – Casual poolside service and swim up bar, both offering a delicious menu, combined with refreshing drinks in the enchanting surroundings of our tropical gardens
- Hoyo 19 – This fountain patio setting offers an extensive menu of salads, sandwiches, fish and grilled items. Combined with full bar, fantastic views of the golf course and the lush rain forest, the perfect Costa Rica Restaurant to unwind in.
- La Casa del Cafe – Home made pastries and sandwiches, over 30 different Costa Rican coffee combinations to try. Grab and go food and beverages, including wine and spirits.
- La Vista Restaurant – The best in Costa Rican dining and international dishes, all served in this relaxed colonial atmosphere overlooking our beautiful pool deck. Seasonal theme nights including seafood festival on Wednesdays.
- Nuevo Latino – Specialty dining venue, unique in Los Suenos restaurants, featuring Latin American Cuisine with a refined a creative touch utilizing fresh ingredients from the Caribbean, Central and South America.
- Puesta del Sol – Unforgettable sunsets and views of the Pacific Ocean, this sophisticated yet relaxed atmosphere is the perfect place for cocktails. Seasonal live music, 49″ plasma TV and fresh hand rolled cigars made in front of your eyes.
Shopping at The Marina Village
- Auto Mercado – Auto Mercado is an americanized supermarket only minutes away from Los Suenos.
- BLP Abogados – BLP is a law firm built on the conviction that legal advisers must become true business partners of their clients.
- Costa Rica Dreams Sport Fishing – Let Costa Rica Dreams deliver your Costa Rica sport fishing fantasy. The only thing missing is you!
- Durman Club Car – An excellent option for your dream vacation. Durman Golf Cart Sales and Rentals makes traveling around Los Sueños easy and enjoyable.
- Galeria Valanti – Galeria Valanti celebrates Latin American art. With over thirty year’s experience, Valanti is the premier art gallery in Costa Rica.
- Jimmy T’s Provision – Jimmy T’s offers a wide variety of local and imported foodstuffs, including fresh local produce, imported meats, cheeses, condiments and more.
- La Casa Del Habano – La Casa del Habano carries a variety of hand rolled cigar brands, including H. Upmann, Cohiba, Romeo y Julieta, Guantanamera, Trinidad and more.
- Los Sueños Resort Wear – Los Sueños Resort Wear provides exclusive custom made items and products imported from Indonesia, Malaysia and France for demanding customers.
- Los Sueños Design Center – The Design Center is a one-stop furnishing and interior decorating service. Stop by to request an appointment with our experienced designers or to peruse our 4000 square foot showroom.
- Marine Supply Store – American Exports is the local Marine Supply Store in Los Sueños Resort. Located on the waterfront in the first stage of the Marina Village, American Exports offers top quality and service in exports and imports.
- Mega Bytes Solutions – Mega Bytes is a one stop DVD store and Internet services with over 1200 original movies and state of the art equipment.
- National Car Rental – Where green means go. Whether you are looking for a small car, sports car or an all terrain vehicle, National is only a few steps away.
- Scotiabank – Life can be as pleasant as you want it to be.
Scotiabank offers competitive rates and excellent personal service for those looking to purchase property.
- Solares – A subsidiary of Optica Vision, Costa Rica… See the difference. Solares carries all top brands of fine crafted lenses, including Chanel, Tommy Hilfiger, Costa del Mar and more.
Off of Costa Rica’s Central Pacific coast lies some of the most fertile fishing grounds in the world. For this reason Los Sueños chose to build its 250 slip modern marina.
Costa Rica’s waters literally teem with big game: dorado averaging 40 pounds, yellowfin tuna that push the 300-pound mark and one of the largest concentrations of big Pacific sailfish found anywhere. In fact, Costa Rica boasts one of the healthiest billfish fisheries in the world, with 20-fish per day being a common occurrence. Offshore, you will also find, marlin, amberjack, wahoo, grouper and rainbow runner. In shore you will find red snapper and rooster fish. Unusually calm waters and short rides to the fishing grounds cement the country’s place at the top of the big game fishing destinations.
Those in search of an unforgettable sportfishing experience need to look no further than Los Sueños Marina, home to an extensive charter fleet certified by the Costa Rican Ministry of Tourism.
Golf – La Iguana Golf Course
La Iguana golf course at Los Sueños Resort, Costa Rica combines incredible scenery with challending golf. It is an 18 hole Par 72 course designed by Ted Robinson, Jr.
It is not uncommon to see playful monkeys, three-toed sloths, pizotes, iguanas, brilliant colored toucans and scarlett macaws along the fairway. In fact, La Iguanas forecaddies have been specifically trained to point out over 150 species of wildlife to player as they make their way through the unique rain forest course.